Regardless of whether or not you have this space below your home finished, you still need to be doing what you can to keep it safe, dry, healthy, and protected from harm. Our team at America’s Basement Contractor will be able to provide you with effective solutions and products from Richtech® Industries, one of the leading manufacturers in the business. This means that you can rest assured knowing that your home will be in good hands with our team.
We will send a tech out to pinpoint the cause of the leak, mold, or humidity problem beneath your home. Then, he will be able to come up with a plan of action for getting the situation taken care of once and for all. This solution may include the installation of drainage systems, sump pumps, dehumidifiers, and more.
Please be sure to click through the common problems listed in the menu to the left to learn more.
Warning Signs of a Problem
If you happen to notice any of the following, be sure to contact us immediately for a consultation.
- Water stains can be seen throughout the basement
- Moisture is trickling down walls
- Puddles of moisture can be seen on the floor
- Home smells very musty or foul (indication of mold growth)
- Home feels uncomfortable, even when the thermostat is set correctly (humidity problem)
- Personal belongings are getting damaged by moisture when stored under the home
There are many different ways that companies will handle preventing water from getting inside your home, but we will recommend either an interior or exterior basement waterproofing system depending on what the situation is and what we believe will be the best solution to the problem.
Our interior waterproofing system will be designed on-site to address your particular problem. The interior system is constructed of a series of drains and channels that will gather the water after it penetrates the wall and divert it into a sump pump to be removed from the basement without damaging your home.
The system is installed using the following process:
- Remove concrete around the perimeter of the basement.
- Drill weep holes in the base of the walls.
- Install drain channels to collect water.
- Install the sump pump.
- Cover drain channels.
- Finish flooring after system is installed.
Our exterior waterproofing system is designed to be placed around the entire exterior of the home during construction or in special circumstances where an interior system will not be sufficient to keep the water out of the house. The installation of this type of system is much more intensive and requires more work and time to install.
The exterior system is installed using the following process:
- Dig out around the entire exterior of the house.
- Apply a waterproof coating around the foundation.
- Attach a waterproof membrane on top of the coating around the home.
- Install a drain pipe around the foundation.
- Cover pipe with backfill gravel.
- Install landscape cloth over gravel.
- Replace all dirt around the home and pack down.
Basement Waterproofing Project Gallery
Make Your Wet Basement Dry
Drying a wet basement may seem like a huge undertaking, but our waterproofing technicians know what solution to use to prevent water from leaking into your basement. We use Richtech waterproofing systems to ensure your basement is dry and that it will stay that way months after our work is done.